Ingredients for dark layer:
- 50g of porridge oats
- 70g of small dates (soak in hot water for at least 5-10min)
- 50g cashew nuts ( soak in hot water for at least 30min)
- 50g of desiccated coconut
- 10g of organic cocoa powder
- 3tbsp of grounded flex seeds (soak in 30ml of hot water for at least 10min)
Ground the oats first. Add the dates with cocoa powder to blend it properly into the dough. Separately blend cashew with coconut and then combining together blend it again. At the end stir in the flex seeds and mix just with the hands into the dough.Unfold the cling film, spread the dough using just your hands to the side creating small rectangle.
Ingredients for white layer:
- 50g cashew nut (soak in hot water for at least 30min)
- 70g desiccated coconut
- 40g homemade honey
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
Blend all together and spread this white dough at the dark layer. Using the unfold cling film, try slowly roll it into the small roll and cover it into the film. Store in the fridge and at least after 1h, you can cut into the small pieces.
Such a lovely texture and flavour. Can be prepared anytime as a healthy alternative for the snack. Not just for the Christmas.
When you know what you are nourishing your body with, you will feel the difference.