- 300g raw hazelnuts
- 150g pitted free flow dates
- 2 heaped tbsp of organic cocoa powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence ( optional)
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- roast the hazelnuts for about 15min at 180C at parchment paper. Allow them cool completely and wrap them in the dish towel. To remove the skin, press and shake the hazelnuts together roughly. Skins should easily fall off the hazelnuts.
-- in the meantime soak the dates in boiled water for at least 5-10min ( keep this water);
- place the hazelnuts into the food processor and blend them until smooth and creamy ( it might take up to 10min to achieve smooth texture, depends on the blender)
- add the dates with cocoa powder and vanilla essence and start to blend again with adding some water from the dates according to your preference to make it more smooth and silky creamy
- store in the glass jar;
Yummy! I just love to know what I am fuelling my body with.